Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Liberate Our Lawmakers

I think I have a solution for the politicians on Capitol Hill.  Since they are struggling to come to an agreement over some pretty critical issues affecting Americans, I think that for one day, we should give them a break- liberate them from making laws.  Instead of senators and congressmen and presidents and speakers giving long-winded speeches meant to please all the people who paid to put them in office, I think they should roll in a huge theater screen, kick out the press, sit back in their comfy chairs, turn off their cell phones, agree to NOT talk about politics, and en masse, watch "Captain America: The First Avenger." Heck, I'll even spring for the popcorn. Then, when the movie's over, they should go home and think about what they just watched.  I mean really think about it. Maybe- just maybe- when they return to work the next day, they'll have a better idea of what it takes to make America, America.

No comments:

Post a Comment